Saturday, July 17, 2010

Vidalia's Cafe

LOCATION: 319 North Muskogee Avenue, Tahlequah, OK
FOOD GENRE: Deli and Bakery: Salads, Sandwiches, Pastries
PRICE: I'd consider it one of those more upscale lunch places... salads will be around $4-5, although they're very generous portions!

This was obviously an incredibly popular place to go for lunch. There was no sitting space when we arrived, and we had to stand to wait for our meals to be served. Thankfully, right as we got our meals a table freed up, so we nabbed it. It is in a rather small building, maybe able to comfortably hold about 30 people, which it was obviously past capacity when we went there. It was an order-and-sit-down place, so I didn't have any waiters or waitresses. However especially for being super busy the cashiers there very polite. Both of us ordered large salads. essentially they took paper french-fry rectangle boats, and piled everything in there. It was very hard to mix up the salad without making a huge mess, and they saturated my salad in raspberry vinaigrette dressing. I wasn't very hungry to begin with, so I was only able to eat about half my salad. It wasn't anything special... there wasn't any meat or hard-boiled eggs on it or anything, but it was a nice way to grab a quick healthy lunch.

They had a wide assortment of pastries, desserts and drinks like Italian sodas and coffees. We weren't hungry enough to order any extras, but I'm sure they were edible.

It was a nice place to eat, although crowded and limited in menu options (The menu was propped up on big signs above the cashier). If you're local to the OKC area, it would be comparable to a La Baguette bakery, although I would say La Baguette has more options. Still, it was very nice for a small college town like Talequah, and I wouldn't mind going there again and trying a different item on the menu for fun, although I would make sure to avoid the lunch rush next time I went!

RATING: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment