Saturday, July 17, 2010

In The Raw

LOCATION: There's several, but so far I've been to the one in OKC by Lower Bricktown, and the one in Norman by OU's campus.
FOOD GENRE: Sushi... yum!
PRICE RANGE: Around lunchtime, you can get a good meal for $10. In the evening, however, it will probably cost you $20-25 a person.

I will go ahead and say that the one in OKC, in my opinion, is a lot better. The one in Norman had a "trendier" feel to it, but the staff there wasn't NEARLY as polite/helpful as they were at the OKC location. Norman's locations seem to consist of OU college students, and they had an "I don't really care just tip well" attitude about them.

For Norman, we sat at the sushi bar area, which was really fun to get to watch the cooks prepare the rolls. And the cooks were fabulous, super polite and helpful... I wished they were the waiters! We ordered 4 sushi rolls and the Edamame, and overall the meal wasn't too bad! Now, most of the rolls we ordered were $7-9 each, and the Edamame was another $6, so that including drinks and the tip it cost about $50 for the two of us to eat there. Not too bad, but like I said, I wasn't a fan of the Norman atmosphere.

Now, the OKC location, is a different story. I've only been there for lunches so far, but I already like it better. The staff seems to enjoy their job, and and super pleasant and helpful with all your questions/comments. The restaurant is much larger, with a separate room that includes a sushi bar for large groups. It helps keep the noise level down, and all in all, has a much classier feel than the one in Norman. With the OKC location, that have a lunch special, where you can get two sushi rolls (or other options as well) for $7. Which, when each roll alone costs that, you don't want to miss out on the lunch special! Every time I've gone there the sushi has been delicious... and in my opinion, better than the one in Norman. The rolls are more tightly-wrapped, and the flavor just seems to be better.

With the Bricktown location, you can also eat outside, which offers a wonderful view, with the restaurant being in lower Bricktown right by the theater, Starbucks, Red Pin, Sonic, and of course, the Canal. It would be a great location and option for a Dinner-and-a-movie type event.

All in all, one of my favorite places to go for Sushi (especially with the lunch special). I highly recommend going to the OKC location of this place.

RATING: Norman Location: 6/10; Bricktown location: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment